Getting a place for your child at Charlton Kings Junior School
September 2022 Admissions into Year 3
Year 2 pupils wishing to join CKJS in September currently attending:
- Charlton Kings Infant School - should apply through Gloucestershire Local Authority www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/startingprimary
- Any other school - should contact Reception on 01242 526171 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click on the picture of the children below, to view a presentation for parents of children in Year 2 starting in September 2022.
- Closing date for applications 15 January 2022.
- (Late applications can be submitted to the local authority, but there is no guarantee they will be dealt with before 19 April 2022).
- 19 April 2022 - Allocation Day.
- 26 April 2022 - Closing date to return reply form accepting the place or requesting to be put on waiting lists.
- After Tuesday 17 May 2022 - Outcome of waiting list requests.
- Tuesday 24 May 2022 - Closing date for return of reply forms.
- 27 May 2022 - Deadline for lodging appeals (appeals lodged after this date must be heard within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged).
- June/July 2022 - Appeals heard.
In-year Admissions during 2021 - 2022
Year 3, 4, 5 and 6 pupils wishing to join CKJS at any point in the school year should contact the School Reception on 01242 526171 or email@example.com for advice and information. You will need to complete an In-Year Application form which you may download here: Word version or PDF version.
Further information can be found by clicking on: In-Year Admissions to be taken to the Gloucestershire County Council website.
Please click on the year applicable, for our Admissions Policies
Please note that Balcarras School have a separate admissions policy to that of Charlton Kings Junior School and a place at the Junior School is NOT a guarantee of a place at Balcarras.
Please click to download our Prospectus