Getting a place for your child at Charlton Kings Junior School
September 2024 Admissions into Year 3
Year 2 pupils wishing to join CKJS in September 2024 currently attending:
- Charlton Kings Infant School - should apply through Gloucestershire Local Authority www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/startingprimary
- Any other school - should contact Reception on 01242 526171 or by email at email@example.com
Please click the picture below to view the presentation from our information evening held on Tuesday 7 November 2023, to hear all about CKJS and joining Year 3 in September 2024.
- From November 2023, letters sent out to Gloucestershire residents explaining how to apply for a school place.
- Closing date for applications 15 January 2024.
- (Late applications can be submitted to the local authority, but there is no guarantee they will be dealt with before 16 April 2024.
- 16 April 2024 - Allocation Day.
- 23 April 2024 - Closing date to return reply form accepting the place or requesting to be put on waiting lists.
- After Tuesday 14 May 2024 - Outcome of waiting list requests.
- Midnight Tuesday 21 May 2024 - Closing date for return of reply forms.
- June/July 2024 - Appeals heard.
In-year Admissions during 2023 - 2024
Year 3, 4, 5 and 6 pupils wishing to join CKJS at any point in the school year should contact the School Reception on 01242 526171 or firstname.lastname@example.org for advice and information. You will need to complete an In-Year Application form which you may download here: Word version or PDF version.
Further information can be found by clicking on: In-Year Admissions to be taken to the Gloucestershire County Council website.
Please click on the year applicable, for our Admissions Policies
Please note that Balcarras School have a separate admissions policy to that of Charlton Kings Junior School and a place at the Junior School is NOT a guarantee of a place at Balcarras.
Please click to download our Prospectus
Gloucestershire Local Authority manage our admissions and appeal process. The timetable for appeals is on a case-by-case basis:
- The school must receive the appeal paperwork (which can be requested from the school) within 20 school days of the notification that an application for a place was unsuccessful or by 24 May 2024 for appeals for Year 3 in September 2024.
- The paperwork should be returned to school and it will be sent to the admissions office at Shire Hall in Gloucester.
- You will then be offered a date for your appeal to be heard, usually within 30 school days of being lodged.