The school colours are claret and blue. We believe that wearing a school uniform helps to create a feeling of unity within the school. Maintaining good standards of dress and behaviour also helps to create a good attitude to work.
Please ensure that ALL ITEMS OF CLOTHING AND EQUIPMENT ARE NAMED. In case of loss this makes them much easier to find. This saves us a great deal of time and can save your child some heartache.
We have appointed The Schoolwear Company as our approved supplier of school uniform. Samples of all items and sizes are available in Reception. To view and order please visit their website at
Alternatively, parents are welcome to purchase non-branded versions of uniform in the school colours (such as claret sweatshirts/cardigans or PE t-shirts) from other retailers such as supermarkets.
The following basic items are desirable:
- Light blue / white polo shirt or blouse
- Dark grey trousers (short or long) / skirt / culottes / pinafore
- Claret school sweatshirt / cardigan
- Grey / white / black socks or tights
- Sensible black shoes - no trainers
- Light blue check/stripe dresses
- White socks
- Blue, black or white shorts (not Bermuda or cycling shorts)
- House colour T shirt
- Socks (plain) - no tights
- Plimsolls (note that sometimes we also ask the children to do PE in bare feet)
Please ensure that the children’s clothes are placed in a named drawstring bag.
We would prefer the children to keep their PE kit in school, taking it home at a weekend or when it needs washing. The children will be told at the beginning of the year when their PE lessons are and will be expected to have their kit for these times. PE is part of the National Curriculum and all children must participate unless there is a medical reason why they should not. In this case parents should either phone or write a note to the school please.
Outdoor kit for both boys and girl
- Tracksuit / joggers and sweatshirt
- T shirt/sports shirt in house colours
- Suitable trainers
- Football boots optional
- Shin pads (for football and hockey)
All these should be named and put in a named bag or rucksack of suitable size. Please do not allow the children to bring their indoor or outdoor kit in large holdalls.
During Covid-19 we ask that the children should come to school in their sports kit on the day they have outdoor games.
- Swimming costume (no bikinis or board shorts)
- Large towel
- Bathing cap (for all children with long hair)
- Goggles and earplugs if required
A plastic bag in which to put wet equipment would also be an advantage.
If your child is chosen for a school team a suitable kit will be provided for them; although we may ask you to provide socks. Please wash and return this to school as soon as possible as other teams may need it.
Where to Buy the Uniform
The claret sweatshirt and cardigan, school bookbags and PE T-shirts are only available from The Schoolwear Company. All other items may be purchased from The Schoolwear Company or you will find them available at any of the following clothes stores:
- Marks and Spencer
- BHS, Regent Arcade
- Major supermarkets - Asda, Tesco, Morrisons and Sainsburys