Site Manager or Caretaker
Grade – Grade 5 or 6
£21,748 – £25,991; negotiable for suitable candidate depending on experience, specialist knowledge and wider school support
Hours – 37 hours / week full time all year round
Contract – permanent
Closing date – 29/10/2021
Interviews – TBA w/c 01/11/2021
Start date - 15/11/2021 or thereafter
We are looking to appoint a hard-working and reliable Site Manager or a Caretaker (interested in becoming a Site Manager).
The successful candidate will be able to work effectively within a team showing enthusiasm, dedication and pride in their work. They will have a desire to ensure that Charlton Kings Junior School continues to be a wonderful environment for both children and staff.
Candidates should have a positive attitude towards their work and colleagues, be reliable, punctual and able to work on their own initiative.
Applications are warmly welcomed from candidates who:
- have experience of a wide range of DIY skills, e.g. plumbing, electrical knowledge, carpentry and decorating
- are well-organised with a proactive and creative approach
- possess the ability to plan and prioritise workloads
- possess, or are willing to develop, a good working knowledge of health and safety legislation
- are able to supervise and work within a team
- either hold, or would be willing to train to develop, H&S Qualification such as IOSH
We can offer:
- the opportunity to join our friendly team, which includes our fantastic children and hard-working staff
- a supportive ethos
- emphasis on professional development and training opportunities
- 24.5 days holiday entitlement per year + bank holidays (this increases with length of service)
If you are interested, we would like to meet you. Visits to our school are welcomed; please call reception to make an appointment.
Application forms available here
Charlton Kings Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and any other vetting procedures as appropriate.